Sunday 26 May 2013

Just some really quick updates whilst I work away on the flythrough and getting my final renders in order. This is just a quick render of how it all looks finished properly with all the correct post processing and stuff. I know it's not dramatically different from the previous render but it's as it stands now I guess.


And now for something completely different. Been going back to my other scenes for a bit. Recently been trying to get the plume of fire and smoke after the second explosion to look better. The one on the left is the original and the one on the right is the reworked one. It's a little on the expensive side so I'll definitely have to strip it back. It's a shame because I really like how it turned out using both faked lit particles and macro UVs. Unfortunately what pushes it completely over the top is the use of UV distortion so that'll have to be the first thing to come out. But it's fun to experiment with these things.


And then here's how it looks with the reworked plume. This still needs so much work. When I'm done with this I think I'm going to have to really practice my fire and explosion effects a lot. They're just so dull and lack the visual impact that they really should, especially my explosions. But the next couple of days I'm going to be working on some new flipbooks for the fire to hopefully break up the repetition. And other than really working and reworking the explosions, I'll be adding in a glass shattering effect from the store after the initial explosion. Just to try and tie it into the environment a bit more.




No comments:

Post a Comment